TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Man. It's like trying to explain how a top fuel car sounds
People Seeking Info

Subject Man. It's like trying to explain how a top fuel car sounds

Posted by TTZ2NV(EPTmotorsports) on July 17, 2014 at 12:09 PM
  This message has been viewed 487 times.

In Reply To Depends on the application posted by Stadsport (Nick@CZP) on July 17, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Message You gotta be there in real life and see sampling, its a thrill. After installing too many standalones such as Megasquirt, Aem, haltech, Adaptroics, Apexi, PNP to E manages, or installing ProEFI's in parallel to the factory ecu, Haltech is the true definition of plug and play since every sensor has a plug and there really isnt in any soldering, installing new wires or anything, however since they use the stock cas disc break can occur at high rpms on high horespower cars.
In my opinion ProEFi is thee best out there for sooo many reasons.

Here is what I tell my customers. A standalone with a good experienced, knowledgeable, tuner will allow you push your Z as hard as you want whenever you want knowing that if at anytime knock, boost spike, lean, low oil pressure, tire slip is detected and cant be correcting you will be instantly idling safely instead of rebuilding your engine.

To me its more than just tuning capabilities, it's more about the data loging, and I love being able to see what the exact reading of any sensor my ecu is reading on the fly. With a healthy engine and good tuner you will see not 20whp but up to 20% increase in wheel horsepower with a standalone vs bolt ons. There are some good flashes, and I only really recommend that for those upgrading injectors.

For example Specialty Z has a great flash that offers great power in a safe manner and has a car that runs 9's to prove it.
Ash has a crazy power flash that makes alot of power too.
Hypothetically if they had the same injectors and we switched there ecu's how do you think they would run? Im not sure just an example, you can decide.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.